Thursday, September 3, 2009

Type A tendencies

I get a little excited about the prospect of saving money. Especially on diapers. They are non-perishable. I know we're going to need them for another year. AND using my handy dandy growth chart I can pretty accurately guess what size Betsy will be in for a while.

Tax free weekend I stocked up (using coupons of course). Yesterday I hit Walmart and Target for their sales (plus store coupons, plus manufacturer coupons). And this weekend I hit Walgreen's to buy some store brand diapers (to be used at daycare because they change her almost hourly!).

Here's the result.



Also, I start Christmas shopping in JULY. I'm aware that's a little extreme, but we 'do Christmas really big' in my family and I love finding the perfect gifts for our family and friends. Here's the status of this year's Christmas stash.




Call me crazy, it worked out last year to be way ahead on Christmas because Betsy made an early arrival! I get anxious for the holiday season to start and this is my way of kicking it off early.

2 comments:

JHP said...

Now I know who to call if I ever find myself diaperless in Killeen! ;)

Miranda said...

I would love to be so far ahead with the christmas shopping, but I have NO clue what to get for people. *sigh*

I envy you and your organization Shan.