Yesterday I got a call at 3:00 that Betsy had a fever and I needed to pick her up from school. Her fever was 103.8 and she was so hot to the touch. I cried on the way home because it's really scary when you're baby feels like that.
I gave Betsy a cool bath, a dose of Motrin and a bottle and proceeded to nose-sucker her like a mad woman. She has no symptoms of illness but a stuffy/runny nose. So I attribute this to teething. I rocked her for a while then she slept in her crib from 4 to 10 pm. She woke up, changed her diaper, drank a bottle and watched Daddy take a bath. She played with her bath toys, walked, laughed and chattered to us. Also, her fever had gone down to 101.4 with one dose of medicine 7 hours before.
So we gave her a dose of Tylenol, rocked her and she slept from 11- 6 am. This morning she was her normal self but a little warm. I took her to Grandpa's house and gave her a dose of Tylenol before I left for work. He texted me that she took a bottle at 8 am and a nap.
Since she is eating, has normal diapers, no symptoms of illness, and isn't lethargic I haven't taken her to the doctor yet. I'm alternating Tylenol and Motrin as I was advised and I hope this is just a result from her top two front teeth breaking through. She's been like this (warm, snotty, hands in mouth, drooly faucet) for a few weeks now.
On another note, Betsy was supposed to stay with our dear friend's the Osborn's on Saturday but two of their sweet kiddos are sick :( I really hate that they aren't feeling well and I know they are sad to miss the Betsy time but I'm sure we'll see them soon. Now that Betsy has this fever I'm kind of glad she'll be home with me anyways because I want to keep an eye on her. The party starts at 6 pm so I'll bet half way through she goes to bed for the night!
Keep our girl in your prayers please! She is resillient and cheerful but it's just heartbreaking to hold a feverish child.
2 comments:
poor little Betsy!! We'll be praying for her and you, Shan!
Same as Daniel! Anytime he's cutting teeth he runs a fever, gets super stuffy, drooly and extra cranky. Tylenol/Motrin change up worked every time for us! And lots of saline nasal spray. It would take a day or two for the fever to completely break, but at the same time, we'd see a new tooth! We're working on the molars now and they are tons of fun, let me tell you! ;-) Feel better Betsy!
Post a Comment